Event in Denmark?

Moderator: Exec

0rsted

Event in Denmark?

Post by 0rsted » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:00 pm

So...
Yeah - let's let the cat out of the bag for a while (I'll put it back again later)

We're considering doing an even in Denmark, and there are some thing to consider, and I've had it rummaging around my head for some time, so I need to get them out

First of all
With transport being one of the larger expenses included in this, how much are people willing to spend, not including the transport

Second
What would you expect from us :wink:

How long an event would you expect?
A weekend?
An extended weekend?
A weekday-event?
A full week?

How big a change in the rules for a single event would you accept :twisted:

There's probably a million more questions, but these are the ones that I've been haunted by...

*lets the cat back in the bag*
//Daniel Ørsted
Character :
Benjamin Sørensen, callsign FREJ, "civil" part of the VALHALLA-pack
:ugeek:

Isaac Johnson

Re: Event in Denmark?

Post by Isaac Johnson » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:27 am

1. Not sure, it depends on finances at the time. How much are you thinking?

2. Ideally indoor accommodation to make flying feasible.

3. Extended weekend.

4. None.

Cheers
Richard
Captain Johnson MA (Oxon) DPhil

The song of Neferneferuaton is a wordless one.

sm0keyb

Post by sm0keyb » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:01 pm

1) Cost isn't critical for me. The logistics of the journey is more important. How difficult is it to transport airsoft guns across all the borders/fly with them?

2) Indoor accomodation to avoid having to transport camping kit, or pre erected tent. Good kitchen 'cos of my wheat intolerence.

3) Extended weekend

4) First reaction says "None" but what do you think needs changing?

Looking forward to this, if it comes off. Better renew my passport.

Nige
Colonel Thomas Thorne R.E. (Ret.) BSc, PhD, MC & bar, FRS

Technologies (Air)

Fortune does not favour the brave. Fortune favours the professional

NPC: Commander Douglas Cameron, Lately of the ACV Mother of Invention

0rsted

Post by 0rsted » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:53 pm

I might need to clarify a few things, and give some answers

Firstly - We (the danes) have travelled by air and land, when driving, there has been no issues what so ever - by air however...
Well, I only heard the stories, but going FROM the UK was a hassle, probably since the airsofts we use are metal - TO the UK wasn't an issue, but call ahead and talk to the airline you're travelling with (when I flew in with the others, we brought 4 pistols, they were taken apart, and placed in various places in the bag, so they did not look like guns...)

We have absolutely no idea what the cost of the event will be, at this moment we're still brainstorming how to do it, that's why I asked - but the price is probably in the area of your events (60-70£)
However!
There will be NO crewing - that's one of the things we're working on

Accomodation is something we're braining over as well, we want this to be an unforgettable event (and one that you'll brag about, not just travelling a thousand miles to play), but expect it to be in-game (the scandinavian all-in thing :wink: )

And finally...
The rules...

We're kind of in another place when it comes to rules, and GMs...
The main purpose of a GM is to provide a setting, and then never to be seen during the event (unless something goes horribly wrong)
And that doesn't play in with the current rules
We will do all we can to let peoples characters bring their skills and traits in, but there's a few of them that does not work without a GM precense, and they will be (how can I put this nicely) - avoided - during our event
The skills requiring cards - well - let's just say that I'm a programmer, and that we have quite a few methods of moving the cards to a physical level ;)
//Daniel Ørsted
Character :

kiwi

Post by kiwi » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:07 pm

hello

I am very interested in the idea of a game in Denmark, the only issue I have is when it would be held. As I have to book leave for next year in November or December, I know that there are some other players in a similar situation.
So if you can give some idea as to when you would like to run it this will also help with planning,
Sergeant Major Steve Banks

Yes here we are, you need to complete in triplet, then take to your team leader, get them to sign here, then have them take it to the Colonel to sign here then return here and you can have your left handed screw driver.

0rsted

Post by 0rsted » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:07 am

Damn, that's early...
As I might have a very big project coming up in my personal life very soon, I can't even guess at a date
So it might be safer to aim for 2017 :(
This will also make it a lot easier on me, as it will give me/us time to build the props we need
As promised on facebook we will give a good advance warning, so everybody (around 30 or so) has a chance of being here
//Daniel Ørsted
Character :

d.toghill

Post by d.toghill » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:02 pm

And to learn some Danish.

0rsted

Post by 0rsted » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:19 pm

No Dom, that would defeat the entire purpose of the event :P
If your character knows a nordic language and you don't, then it might be time to start watching 'the bridge' and 'the killing' though ;)
//Daniel Ørsted
Character :