newbie and nerf guns

Moderator: Exec

snaggit

newbie and nerf guns

Post by snaggit » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:47 pm

hey all.

i'm trying to get bits together to come and join in the problem is the proper physreps get very very pricey. i do have a fair few nerf guns left over from when i did other systems and was wondering what they'd count as.

I have a stampede, a recon, a rayven, a raider and a baricade

luckily i do have a old glock 17 knocking about since before the buying laws came in so pistol i'm sorted.

Munroe

Re: newbie and nerf guns

Post by Munroe » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Some people are using stampedes with drum mags as auto shotguns, because they're a pain in the ass to get airsoft versions of.
Lt. Alexander Munroe
OOC: Sparks.

One last hope,To rise and break away
Above the faded line, Way beyond the ties that bind

This I know, The risk is worth the gain
It's worth the sacrifice, Way beyond the ties that bind

Admin-Rob
Site Admin

Post by Admin-Rob » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:18 pm

And the Rayven looks kinda similar to P90 style guns

sienf

Post by sienf » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Which in game mechanics terms means you have a pistol (the Glock), an SMG (the rayven, if sysrefs are fine with that) and a shotgun... Although do keep in mind that you can happily play a relatively low-combat character and would only need the pistol anyway. It may, of course, not be what you want to play, so I can understand looking for physreps.

Woody

Post by Woody » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:01 pm

snaggit wrote:hey all.

i'm trying to get bits together to come and join in the problem is the proper physreps get very very pricey..
What do you class as pricey you can still get reasonable SMG and rifle physreps in two tone quite cheaply
Newer posts by Livingstone Gibson Man of Adventure or Cpl Daniel Haverlock Man of Rilfes

Older posts by Maxwell Summers Man of Knowledge

Occasionally posts by approved NPC's

Woody

Post by Woody » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:01 pm

snaggit wrote:hey all.

i'm trying to get bits together to come and join in the problem is the proper physreps get very very pricey..
What do you class as pricey you can still get reasonable SMG and rifle physreps in two tone quite cheaply
Newer posts by Livingstone Gibson Man of Adventure or Cpl Daniel Haverlock Man of Rilfes

Woody

Post by Woody » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:03 pm

Ps in gete rap I am not a fan of need guns as SMG and rifles they just don't work for me. Autoshotguns are ok but the others less so

Woody

Post by Woody » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:03 pm

Ps in gete rap I am not a fan of need guns as SMG and rifles they just don't work for me. Autoshotguns are ok but the others less so

BenM

Post by BenM » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Was debating building up a HMG or a Anti-Material/Sniper rifle from nerf components...

comedyofhate

Post by comedyofhate » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:05 pm

when utilising nerf gun and weapons similiar. Remember size, colour and looks are all important. If the weapon is too small, or to odd looking then it will make for a poor phys rep. I have seen very good customisations of nerf weaponry, I have also seen some poor ones.

If you are looking for airsoft weapons on a budget then I reccomend

http://www.airsoftworld.net/airsoft-gun ... n-required

or try searching for springer bb weapons, once again two tone. Cheap ass backstreet toy shops also tend to be quite good for pistols. The grottier the shop, the better so to speak. :)
Brigadier J. Bryant